Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: ACC Fans

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    5 straitht ACC wins is the equivalent to two SEC wins.

    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: ACC Fans

    I wouldn't call Duke terrible, although compared to past Duke teams and the standards they have set there this is a bad season.

    I just find it funny that fans of schools that don't traditionally have good basketball teams call a team like Duke terrible when in their worst season they win more games than some schools best season.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    Fear the turtle? LOL
    Hell, I wish my Cavs could play them more this season (2-0 against the Twerps this season)
    Maybe in the tourney?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    Duke is the only team that can go from unranked one week, beat the bottom two teams from the ACC and BC and go to #17 in the nation. Tell me there is not a bias? Duke is out of the top 25 for a day, and Coach K is on PTI Monday talking to Wilbon and Kornheiser about not being ranked for the first time in how long? Then the next week BAM! they're #17.

    Yes, there is definitely a media bias toward Duke.

  5. #15
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: ACC Fans

    I'll agree with that, and believe me I'm not a Duke fan by any stretch. I'm just saying that they are 22-7 and fans of teams who are 20-9 and having a "good season" shouldn't call Duke terrible.

    And while we are talking about media bias, how about Ohio State, how are they #1?/

  6. #16
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    I think the ACC is one of the best over-all conferences in the country this year. All the teams are evenly matched and could win on any given day. Will make for some good tourny action.
    Also, I think the Big East will have a few good teams in this year.
    Come tourny time, it really will be March MADNESS this year.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    [ QUOTE ]
    You starting to Fear the Turtle?

    [/ QUOTE ]



    LOL. Are you [censored] serious?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    [ QUOTE ]
    And while we are talking about media bias, how about Ohio State, how are they #1?/

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I've wondered about that too. I think Big ten bb is without a doubt the ugliest sport in America. Their scores look like local high school scores - 45-55 pts per game.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member fasmovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    you have gotta be kidding about trying to get a game at the Cassel In the 60 s nice building but in todays standards its a dump just like U Hall was for UVA Time for VT to build some interest in a new stadium for basketball and become more than just a football school as they are known now.....GO HOOS

  10. #20
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Fans

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'll agree with that, and believe me I'm not a Duke fan by any stretch. I'm just saying that they are 22-7 and fans of teams who are 20-9 and having a "good season" shouldn't call Duke terrible.



    [/ QUOTE ]

    I apologize I didn't make myself clear. I meant they are terrible based on the standards that everyone holds them too and they hold themselves too. Sorry [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •